Adam Calaway, MD, MPH
Urology-Urologic Oncology, Urology
Accepting New Patients
UH Cleveland Medical Center
11100 Euclid Ave
Cleveland, OH 44106
Adam Calaway, MD, MPH is board-certified urologist at UH Cleveland Medical Center and an assistant professor of urology at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. He joined the medical staff of University Hospitals in 2019.
Xổ số đài miền bắc hôm nayDr. Calaway’s unique clinical interests include the management of patients with testicular germ cell tumors and urothelial carcinoma of the bladder. In addition, he has trained extensively in the management of advanced testicular cancer including primary and post-chemotherapy retroperitoneal lymph node dissections. From a research prospective, he is interested in discovering and investigating methods to help reduce treatment-related morbidity in patients diagnosed with urologic malignancies. One of his current projects involves the use of fitness trackers and nutrition counseling to aide in “pre-habilitation” programs to reduce morbidity after bladder removal in patients with advanced bladder cancer.
In his role as assistant professor, Dr. Calaway is involved in bi-weekly educational conferences with the residents which includes case-based discussions, journal article discussions and core urologic oncology topics. He is involved with clinical education in the outpatient clinics and operating rooms with residents as well as prospective medical students. He also mentors residents and medical students interested in urology and specifically urologic oncology. In addition, Dr. Calaway is involved with the cancer care elective where he is paired with second year medical students who are interested in learning about all aspects of oncologic care.
Xổ số đài miền bắc hôm nayDr. Calaway graduated summa cum laude from the University of Dayton with a Bachelor of Science in Biology and then completed his medical school education at The University of Toledo College of Medicine where he graduated top of his class. Dr. Calaway completed his general surgery internship and residency at the Indiana University School of Medicine, after which he went on to complete a urologic oncology fellowship. During his fellowship training, he attended The Richard Fairbanks School of Public Health at Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis where he earned a Masters of Public Health in Epidemiology.
Dr. Calaway has published numerous peer-reviewed articles in high-impact journals such as the Journal of Clinical Oncology, European Urology and Journal of Urology. He has authored 5 book chapters and presented numerous abstracts and participated in multiple debates at regional, national and international meetings. Dr. Calaway actively participates as a peer-reviewer for Journal of Clinical Oncology, Journal of Urology and Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network and Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original InvestigationsXổ số đài miền bắc hôm nay. In 2019, he was awarded the Star Reviewer award by Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations.
Born and raised in Green, Ohio a small suburb between Akron and Canton where his parents still reside, Dr. Calaway returned to Northeast Ohio in 2019 to be closer to his family. He resides here with his wife, whom he met during medical school when they were randomly assigned as anatomy lab partners, and their Labradoodle. He is an avid Cleveland and Ohio State sports fan and can often be seen walking his dog around the various parks in Cleveland or riding his road bike.
- Tachibana I, Calaway AC, Bandali E, Krishnan N, Cheng L, Adra N, Kaimakliotis HK. Urothelial carcinoma in-situ response to cisplatin-based neoadjuvant chemotherapy, or lack thereof: Impact on patient selection for organ preservation in muscle invasive disease?
- Speir RW, Barboza MP, Calaway AC, Masterson TA, Cary C, Koch MO, Birhle R, Cheng L, Adra N, Kaimakliotis HK. Squamous variant histology in urothelial bladder cancer: does presence and percentage matter? In: Clinical Genitourinary Oncology, 2020.
- Speir RW, Barboza MP, Boris RS, Calaway AC, Cary C, Foster RS, Masterson TA. Understanding the role of salvage lymphadenectomy in node only recurrences after nephrectomy for renal cell carcinoma. In: Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations, 2020.
- Boris RS, Calaway AC. Evaluating the impact of minimally invasive vs open trials in urologic malignancy. Are we missing the mark? In: Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations, 2020.
- Speir RW, Calaway AC, Einhorn LE, Foster RS, Cary C. Postchemotherapy retroperitoneal lymph node dissection in patients presenting with very high HGC levels. In: Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations, 2020.
- Douglawi A, Calaway AC, Tachibana I, Barboza M, Speir R, Masterson TA, Adra N, Foster RS, Einhorn LH, Cary C. Reply by Authors Re: Long-term oncologic outcomes after primary retroperitoneal lymph node dissection: minimizing the need for adjuvant chemotherapy. In: Journal of Urology, 2020.
- Douglawi A, Calaway AC, Tachibana I, Barboza M, Speir R, Masterson TA, Adra N, Foster RS, Einhorn LH, Cary C. Long-term oncologic outcomes after primary retroperitoneal lymph node dissection: minimizing the need for adjuvant chemotherapy. In: Journal of Urology, 2020.
- Mishra, K, Fernstrum A, Mahran A, Sidagam V, Adamic B, Shekar A, Calaway AC. , Nguyen C, Ponsky L and Bukavina L. Epidural Anesthesia is associated with increased complications in Cystectomy Patients: A NSQIP Analysis. In: Urology, 2020.
- Calaway AC, Foster RS, Tong Y, Masterson TA, Bihrle R, Cary C. Improving Postoperative Quality of Care in Germ Cell Tumor Patients: Does scheduled Alvimopan, Acetaminophen and Gabapentin Improve Short-Term Clinical Outcomes after Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection? In: Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations, 2019.
- Abedali Z, Calaway AC, Large T, Koch MO, Lingeman JE, Boris RS. Robot assisted radical prostatectomy in patients with a history of Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate: The Indiana University Experience. In: The Journal of EndoUrology, 2019.
- Abedali Z, Calaway AC, Large T, Lingeman JE, Mellon MJ, Boris RS. The Role of PSA Monitoring after Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate (HoLEP). In: Journal of Urology, 2019.
- Calaway AC, Einhorn LH, Masterson TA, Foster RS, Cary C. Reply to Gregory J Nason, Michael A.S. Jewitt and Robert J Hamilton’s Letter to the Editor re: Adam C. Calaway, Lawrence H. Einhorn, Timothy A. Masterson, Richard S. Foster, Clint Cary. Adverse surgical outcomes associated with robotic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection among patients with testicular cancer. In: European Urology, 2019.
- Flack CK, Calaway AC, Miller BL, Picken MM, Gondim DD, Idrees MT, Abel EJ, Gupta GN, Boris RS. Comparing oncologic outcomes in patients undergoing surgery for oncocytic neoplasms, conventional oncocytoma and chromophobe renal cell carcinoma. In: Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations, 2019.
- Calaway AC, Einhorn LH, Masterson TA, Foster RS, Cary C. Adverse surgical outcomes associated with robotic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection among patients with testicular cancer. In: European Urology, 2019.
- Calaway AC, Tachibana I, Masterson TA, Foster RS, Einhorn LH, Cary C. Oncologic outcomes following surgical management of clinical stage II sex cord stromal tumors. In: Urology, 2019.
- Calaway AC, Jacob JM, Tong Y, Shumaker L, Kitley W, Boris RS, Cary C, Kaimakliotis H, Masterson TA, Bihrle R, Koch MO. A prospective program to reduce the clinical incidence of clostridium difficle colitis after cystectomy. In: The Journal of Urology, 2018.
- Calaway AC, Foster RS, Adra N, Masterson TA, Albany C, Hanna NH, Einhorn LE, Cary C. Risk of bleomycin related pulmonary toxicities and operative morbidity after post-chemotherapy retroperitoneal lymph node dissection in patients with good risk germ cell tumors. In: Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2018.
- Calaway AC, Monn MF, Cary C, Bahler C, Boris R. A novel pre-operative model to predict 90-day surgical mortality in patients being considered for extirpative surgery for renal cell carcinoma. In: Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations, 2018.
- Calaway AC, Gondim D, Flack CK, Jacob JM, Idrees MT, Boris RS. Anatomic comparison of traditional and enucleation partial nephrectomy specimens. In: Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations, 2017.
- Snarkis C, Calaway AC, Wang L, Gondim D, Hughes I, Idrees MT, Kliethermes S, Maniar V, Picken MM, Boris RS, Gupta GN. Standardized Reporting of Microscopic Renal Tumor Margins: Introduction of the Renal Tumor Capsule Invasion Scoring System. In: Journal of Urology, 2016.
- Calaway AC, Borofsky MS, Dauw CA, Lingeman JE. Getting Out of a PCCL: Percutaneous Cholecystolithotomy as a Salvage Treatment Option for Gallstone Removal in Patients Deemed Unfit for Standard Surgical Approaches. In: The Journal of Endourology Case Reports, 2016.
- Monn MF, Jaqua KR, Calaway AC, Mellon MJ, Koch MO, Boris RS. Impact of Obesity on Wound Complications Following Radical Prostatectomy Is Mitigated by Robotic Technique. In: Journal of EndoUrology, 2016.
- Calaway AC, Gupta GN, Bhandari A, Eun D, Boris RS. Robot-assisted renal tumor enucleoresection in patients with a solitary kidney. In: The Canadian Journal of Urology, 2014.
- Calaway AC, Gondim D, Idrees M, Boris RS. Spontaneous resolution of inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor of the kidney. In: The Canadian Journal of Urology, 2014.
- Calaway AC, Whittam B Szymanski KM, Misseri R, Kaefer M, Rink RC, Karymazn B, Cain MP. Multicystic Dysplastic Kidney: Is voiding cystourethrogram necessary? In: The Canadian Journal of Urology, 2014.
- Monn, MF, Calaway AC, Mellon MJ, Bahler CD, Sundaram CP, Boris RS. Changing USA national trends for adrenalectomy: the influence of surgeon and technique. In: British Journal of Urology International , 2014.
- Whittam BM, Calaway AC, Szymanski KM, Carroll AE, Misseri R, Kaefer M, Rink RC, Boaz K, Cain MP. Ultrasound diagnosis of multicystic dysplastic kidney: Is a confirmatory nuclear medicine scan necessary? In: Journal of Pediatric Urology, 2014.
- Sagalovich D, Calaway AC, Srivastava A, Sooriakumaran P, Tewari AK. Assessment of required nodal yield in a high-risk cohort undergoing extended pelvic lymphadenectomy in robotic-assisted radical prostatectomy and its impact on functional outcomes. In: British Journal of Urology International, 2013.
- Sooriakumaran P, Calaway AC, Sagalovich D, Roy S, Srivastava A, Joneja J, Shevchuk M, Tewari AK. The impact of multiple biopsies on outcomes of nerve-sparing robotic-assisted radical prostatectomy. In: International Journal of Impotence Research, 2012.
- Urologic Oncology
UH Cleveland Medical Center
11100 Euclid Ave
Cleveland OH, 44106
UH Brainard Medical Bldg
29001 Cedar Rd
Lyndhurst OH, 44124
216-844-5661Xổ số đài miền bắc hôm nay
6681 Ridge Rd
Parma OH, 44129
216-844-3009Xổ số đài miền bắc hôm nay
Xổ số đài miền bắc hôm nay
UH St John Medical Center
29101 Health Campus Dr
Westlake OH, 44145
Fellowship | Urologic Oncology
Urologic Oncology - Indiana University Hospital (2017 - 2019)
Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (2017 - 2019)
Residency | Urology
Xổ số đài miền bắc hôm nay Urology - Indiana University Hospital (2013 - 2017)
Internship | General Surgery
General Surgery - Indiana University Hospital (2012 - 2013)
Xổ số đài miền bắc hôm nay University Of Toledo College Of Medicine (2012)
University Of Dayton (2008)
University Hospitals is committed to transparency in our interactions with industry partners, such as pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical device companies. At UH, we disclose practitioner and their family members’ ownership and intellectual property rights that are or in the process of being commercialized. In addition, we disclose payments to employed practitioners of $5,000 or more from companies with which the practitioners interact as part of their professional activities. These practitioner-industry relationships assist in developing new drugs, devices and therapies and in providing medical education aimed at improving quality of care and enhancing clinical outcomes. At the same time, UH understands that these relationships may create a conflict of interest. In providing this information, UH desires to assist patients in talking with their practitioners about industry relationships and how those relationships may impact their medical care.
UH practitioners seek advance approval for certain new industry relationships. In addition, practitioners report their industry relationships and activities, as well as those of their immediate family members, to the UH Office of Outside Interests annually. We review these reports and implement management plans, as appropriate, to address conflicts of interest that may arise in connection with medical research, clinical care and purchasing decisions.
View UH’s policy (PDF) on practitioner-industry relationships.
Xổ số đài miền bắc hôm nayAs of December 31, 2016, Adam Calaway did not disclose any Outside Relationships with Industry.